Love God, Love People, & Make Disciples
1. Personal Integrity - In these four verses, our Lord summarizes the believer's function. In a word, it is influence. We are to be people of influence. The goal of integrity is influence. We are to influence our community.
Matthew 5: 13-16
2. Biblical Authority: Living by the Authority of Scripture - God's Word is the final authority. The Bible is the infallible Word of God.
Luke 5: 1-11
3. A Heart for the Lost - We are to be reaching the lost world.
Luke 15: 1-32
4. A Love for People - We are to love others like Jesus loves us. Our love for others indicates our love for God.
John 13: 34-35
5. Intimacy with God - God knew us and loved us before we ever knew him or loved him.
John 15: 12-16
6. Servanthood - A Commitment to use our gifts in ministry.
7. Spiritual Reproduction - Spiritual Reproduction is what Discipleship is all about! We are to make disciples.
Matthew 28: 19-20
On June 14th, 2000, the Southern Baptist Convention adopted a revised summary of our faith. The committee's report says in part: "Baptists cherish and defend religious liberty, and deny the right of any secular or religious authority to impose a confession of faith upon a church or body of churches. We honor the principles of soul competency and the priesthood of believers, affirming together both our liberty in Christ and our accountability to each other under the Word of God.
Baptist churches, associations, and general bodies have adopted confessions of faith as a witness to the world, and as instruments of doctrinal accountability. We are not embarrassed to state before the world that these are doctrines we hold precious and as essential to the Baptist tradition of faith and practice.
As a committee, we have been charged to address the "certain needs" of our own generation. In an age increasingly hostile to Christian truth, our challenge is to express the truth as revealed in Scripture, and to bear witness to Jesus Christ, who is "the Way, the Truth, and the Life."
The 1963 committee rightly sought to identify and affirm "certain definite doctrines that Baptists believe, cherish, and with which they have been and are now closely identified." Our living faith is established upon eternal truths. "Thus this generation of Southern Baptists is in historic succession of intent and purpose as it endeavors to state for its time and theological climate those articles of the Christian faith which are most surely held among us."
It is the purpose of this statement of faith and message to set forth certain teachings which we believe.
Bible Study & Worship Times
Bible Study - 9:30 AM (Beginning October 4, 2020)
Worship Services - 8:30 AM Traditional & 10:30 AM Contemporary
Worship Service - 6:00 PM
Youth Bible Study - 6:00 PM
Bible Study, Prayer Meeting, & Events
Prayer & Bible Study (In the Galatians Room) - 11:00 AM
Kids Connection - 6:00 PM
Jr High & Sr High Student Ministry - 6:00 PM
Prayer & Bible Study - 6:00 PM
Larry Lewis is our Senior Pastor. He and his wife, Cyndi have been at Vann since 2014. They have three daughters and three grandchildren.
Jason Woolsey is our Minister of Music and Children. He and his wife, Lynne have been at Vann since 2015. They have three daughters.
Stacey Elpers is our Church Secretary. She and her husband, Mike and their family have been at Vann since 1993. They have two sons and six grandchildren.
Caleb Head is our Minister of Students. He and his wife, Melissa have been at Vann since 2015. They have one son.
Copyright © 2018 Vann Avenue Baptist Church - All Rights Reserved.