Young At Hearts' Trip to The Badgett Playhouse - July 19th at 11:00 AM.
Vann Avenue Baptist Church exists to glorify God by seeking to know Christ and make Him known.
1. Truth - We at Vann Avenue Baptist Church (VABC) believe the Bible is the inspired Word of God and value biblical teaching and preaching. God made himself known so we could know Him. Knowing God means knowing the Word of God.
2 Timothy 3:16
2. Prayer - We strive to make prayer a priority and believe it should be the mainstay of the church and all its ministries.
3. Christ-Centered - We value Christ as the head of the church and recognize every activity comes under the Lordship of Christ.
Ephesians 5: 22-23
4. Stewardship - We believe it is important to be faithful with all of God's blessings. This includes our responsibility to care for and support the work of God through the Church with time, talents, and resources.
Matthew 25: 14-30
5. Welcoming - We believe it is vital to belong to a loving church family. We make a concerted effort to make every guest in our services feel welcomed and eager to belong to the family of God at VABC.
1 Corinthians 10: 32-33
6. Evangelism - We desire to reach all people by all means for Jesus Christ.
Matthew 28: 18-20
On June 14th, 2000, the Southern Baptist Convention adopted a revised summary of our faith. The committee's report says in part: "Baptists cherish and defend religious liberty, and deny the right of any secular or religious authority to impose a confession of faith upon a church or body of churches. We honor the principles of soul competency and the priesthood of believers, affirming together both our liberty in Christ and our accountability to each other under the Word of God.
Baptist churches, associations, and general bodies have adopted confessions of faith as a witness to the world, and as instruments of doctrinal accountability. We are not embarrassed to state before the world that these are doctrines we hold precious and as essential to the Baptist tradition of faith and practice.
As a committee, we have been charged to address the "certain needs" of our own generation. In an age increasingly hostile to Christian truth, our challenge is to express the truth as revealed in Scripture, and to bear witness to Jesus Christ, who is "the Way, the Truth, and the Life."
The 1963 committee rightly sought to identify and affirm "certain definite doctrines that Baptists believe, cherish, and with which they have been and are now closely identified." Our living faith is established upon eternal truths. "Thus this generation of Southern Baptists is in historic succession of intent and purpose as it endeavors to state for its time and theological climate those articles of the Christian faith which are most surely held among us."
It is the purpose of this statement of faith and message to set forth certain teachings which we believe.